In a fully developed pallet pool pallets are used to transfer goods right throughout the supply chain with minimal manual handling of products. Standard pallets are used right through from factory to retail store and in some cases used as part of in-store product storage and display. As the product flows through the supply chain pallets are transferred from one participants account to the next in a truly user pays arrangement. Responsibility for ensuring pallets are in optimum condition lies with Loscam with clients using our HMS system to record the movement of pallets.
Benefits of pallet pooling include;
- No capital investment required as pallets are used on a daily basis as required
- All repairs handled by Loscam ensuring high quality pallets are available every time
- Just complete Loscam transfer dockets when shipping pallets and we take care of the rest
- Loscam systems handle automatic account reconciliation and enable ad hoc reporting as required
- Loscam can supply additional pallets quickly to meet urgent needs, promotions and peak season demand
- Our shared pallet pool is better for the environment as overall pallet numbers are minimised and Loscam recycles pallet components